Thursday, 27 March 2008

Yaldi 2.1

I've been back on-campus for a couple of weeks now, having completed my second school placement on the 13th March.

As I recorded in a previous whiny blog, this was a really hard six week slog, with high standards set by my PT (that would be "Principal Teacher" to the uninitiated). This guy is one of the most impressive professionals I have met (both in and out of the teaching world) - very charismatic leader, straight talking, fantastic teacher, great with the kids (some of whom are among the most challenging I have seen), and demanding of very high standards of his team.

This proved both enjoyable and unsettling as - with only six weeks to knock a student into shape - his feedback on lesson delivery and performance had to be succinct and invariably left me in no doubt as to where I needed to improve.

His job at the end of the placement is to complete a school report in which the student is graded across six separate aspects. For each area you can be Not Yet Satisfactory, Satisfactory, or Merit. Thus far I've managed to get at least Satisfactory for all my gradings, with a couple of Merits thrown in across my two tutor reports (see Blogs passim).

I received said school report today.

I got Merits in each and every category.

Tonight I am going to drink some beer.

6 comments:

Scott Liddell said...

Have one on me!

Mr David Gordon said...

Done.

And I mean "done".

Unknown said...

Attaboy .. very well done. More

I x R to your elbow

Unknown said...

errr I x V that should be .. will I be getting the Bizz for that ?

Mr David Gordon said...

Thank you. You could of course have said more I2R and been perfectly correct.

.....albeit if this blimmin editor supported all HTML tags.

Transplante de Cabelo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.