Flippin' blink. Why on earth do we find it necessary to drink olympic volumes of alcohol to celebrate life events ? My teeth are all wearing wee socks, my breath smells like the bowels of beelzebub and there's a gnawing pain at a precise point immediately behind and one inch above the bridge of my nose.
I have left my job.
Good job it was too. Interesting work, great workmates, good pay and conditions. Health cover, pension, reasonably secure. And I've left it, celebrating the fact in the pub with those people that have become my friends over the last six years. To those fine people I would offer my thanks for bearing with me and my tendency to talk bollocks at least every day and my appalling habit of whistling 80s cheese-pop as I went about the daily grind.
So, why have I left such a comfy position ? Simple really: one day - hopefully - I'll be an old man "lying in my own pish" (as a non-work chum often artfully describes). Quite simply I don't have the guts to contemplate lying there thinking of what might have been. I have always suspected I might be quite a good teacher; people have told me this too. They keep on telling me.
So, I'm going to find out if we're right. And if we're wrong, at least I'll know for sure.
Friday, 3 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Much respect and much love. Even more luck is wished, but you'll not need it.
That Blog is better than any leaving speech I've ever heard.
Sorry I couldn't be there on Friday. Hope you are enjoying being idle.
The place is very quiet at the moment.
"Idle" !?!?!? You haven't met my wife, have you ?
Post a Comment